Faculty of Engineering Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta is led by a Dean and assisted by 3 vice deans. The Head of Faculty’s office is located in H building, 2nd floor, campus 2 of UMS.
Job and Function
1. Developing the strategic plan for the development of faculty for 4 years in accordance with the Faculty of Engineering’s Vision, Mission and Objectives.
2. Briefing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of activities at the faculty level as a whole.
3. Monitoring, evaluating and encouraging the implementation of Tridharma Perguruan Tinggi activities.
4. Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of further studies for educative staff.
5. Briefing and coaching all student activities at Faculty of Engineering.
6. Representing the Faculty in relation to external parties and reporting all forms of cooperation with external parties.
7. Developing a student admission plan based on the capacity of faculty.
8. Assessing the performance of educative and non-educative staff using the assessment system established by the University.
9. Briefing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of Islamic Campus Program.
Vice Dean I
1. Coordinating, monitoring and evaluating all departments in implementating the academic activities.
2. Briefing all departments in evaluating and develpoing the curriculum according to stakeholder needs.
3. Supervising the implementation of teaching and learning process according to the curriculum that has been set.
4. Briefing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of academic activities as a whole.
5. Developing the plan for the development of Faculty’s academic activities by coordinating with all departments.
6. Assessing and reporting the performance of educative staff using the assessment system established by the University.
7. Coordinating with Vice Rector I in the academic field.
Vice Dean II
1. Supervising the funds utilization at the faculty level.
2. Coordinating the administrative system in accordance with stakeholder needs.
3. Creating the work quality that supports the improvement of both educative and non-educative staff performance.
4. Briefing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of activities in the field of financial administration, facilities, infrastructure and staff as a whole.
5. Assessing and reporting the performance of non-educative staff using the assessment system established by the university.
6. Coordinating with Vice Rector II in the financial administration field and with Vice Rector IV in developing the cooperation of Al-Islam and Kemuhammadiyahan.
7. Implementing the quality assurance system at the faculty level and coordinating with all department.
8. Building the strategic cooperation with universities and institutions, both national and international.
Vice Dean III
1. Briefing, supervising and evaluating the implementation of student activities at the Faculty level that supports the improvement of students’ quality and readiness to enter the world of work.
2. Undertaking the responsibility for guiding, supervising and evaluating every student activity.
3. Coordinating student activities with student organizations at the faculty level.
4. Coordinating the provision of information on job vacancies at the Faculty level.
5. Coordinating with the Managers of Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta Alumni Association (INI UMS) in its function as information center.
6. Conducting the consultations with Vice Rector III in the implementation of cooperation with labor companies and universities.